Wednesday 6 January 2010

Weleda Skin Food Reviews

Review of Weleda Skin Food
By Ruth H

Packaging: The Weleda Skin Food cream is packaged in a tube within a cardboard box. The box shows full details of the product itself and the ingredients, including the natural essential oils used in the cream.

Application: Due to the essential oils this Weleda skin food contains, it is beautifully scented. The texture of the Skin Food is creamy, although slightly greasy once applied to the skin. I have very dry skin which is prone to eczema, and found that the Weleda Skin Food did keep the dry areas supple and moisturised for some time after application.

Ingredients: The ingredients of Weleda Skin Food are all listed on the packaging. I noticed that there was Lanolin in the cream, and was interested to find out whether this would irritate my skin as it is a known allergen. I haven’t had any problems so far, but using the Weleda cream over a longer period of time may make a difference.

Results: Although the Weleda Skin Food is lovely to use the moisturising effects don’t last indefinitely, and my skin remains very dry. I don’t know if this is due to changes in the weather and sitting in centrally heated environments at home and work, but I think I would need to use the Weleda skin cream for a much longer period to see its full potential. If you have normal/dry skin that needs moisturising then this product would be a ‘must have’, but with drier more sensitive skin I think a product without the lanolin or essential oils would be more appropriate, as both of these can irritate and dry skin out at times.

Pros: Lovely scent, nice textured cream

Cons: Not moisturising enough for very dry skin

Weleda Skin Food (£7.10) and other Weleda products are available at naturisimo.com