Friday 16 October 2009

A’kin White Tea & Aloe Vital Hydration Gel Creme

Review of A’kin White Tea & Aloe Vital Hydration Gel Creme
By Sandra C.


Packaging

This A’kin White Tea & Aloe Vital Hydration Gel Creme comes in a flat oval-shape tube with a pump dispenser. The packaging of this gel crème is quite handy and light which is ideal for travelling. I like the design, though it may look dull for some people. But it works for me and it is so light that I somehow wonder if there is really 50ml in such small tube.

Application
I always like gel crème formula as it moisturises your skin with the light feeling of gel. Because of the gel crème formula, a chickpea size is enough for my face as it spreads easily. However, when I used the A’kin Vital Hydration Gel Creme in those dry and windy days, it made me feel very uncomfortable. My face was like coated in a thin layer of glue. Is the gel crème formula too dry for my skin? Or is it making my face too matte? The whole experience is just not nice. But in order to be fair to this crème, I tried it when the weather is warm and humid. It did make a difference to my skin, leaving my T-zone feeling clean without feeling oily at all, but it didn’t moisturise my skin either.


Scent

I was really put off by the smell of this A’kin product, it is awful! It smells so strong that it was like brewing a cup of really strong jasmine tea. Funny enough, it has the exact bitter smell of ginseng which is not very appealing if you apply the crème right before going to sleep. Don’t be surprised if your partner complains about the smell. Luckily, the smell does evaporate quickly.


Ingredients

I am not very happy with the fact that I can’t find a full ingredient list in the tube. It only shows the crème’s active ingredients: Aloe, olive extract, antioxidants from white tea, anthyllis, vitamins B5 &E. So I tried to search for full ingredients and found that the gel crème contains phenoxyethanol which is a kind of preservative that I’m not a big fan of and tried to avoid if possible. I am not very comfortable with the companies not showing their full ingredient list in their packaging.


Result

I really want to like this A’kin White Tea and Aloe Vital Hydration Gel Creme. However, it just hasn’t done any good to my sensitive skin (sometimes very dry and sometimes very oily in the T-zone). My skin felt dry and heavily coated. It does nothing to it. Though I can’t dismiss the fact that it might be suitable for people with really oily combination skin as I read some positive reviews from people with this skin type.


Pros:

The packaging is very handy.

It spreads easily to my face.


Cons:

The smell is too strong.

It makes my skin feeling uncomfortable.

It doesn’t do anything to my skin.

A’kin White Tea & Aloe Vital Hydration Gel Creme (£18.49) and other A’kin products are available at naturisimo.com